THEATRE DESIGN / SCENOGRAPHY
In over 15 theatre productions in Basel, db-INTERIOR has translated the director’s vision into a physical design creating a fitting space for the story, an inspiring stage for the actors and the desired atmosphere for the audience. Comprehensive service: db-Interior’s service covers the initial concept design through to completion and includes the project management needed to ensure that project is delivered on time and to the agreed budget.
Full design scheme from initial concept design to design implementation and project coordination.
- Discovery Meeting: After obtaining the script, the design process begins with a meeting to discuss the brief.
- Concept Design: In response to the client’s brief, a concept design scheme is created for discussion. This is presented in the form of draft layouts, as well as a mood board with images to help the client visualise the scheme.
- Detailed Design: Once the client has agreed the concept design, the project moves to detailed set design drawings and set floor layouts, scene by scene, which are presented in the form of CAD drawings.
- Procurement: Once the detailed design has been agreed, a roughly costed plan is presented of all items to be used for the set building.
- Installation & Dressing: db-INTERIOR works with a number of builders/carpenters who deliver accurate set design. Should the client want to work with their own preferred builders/carpenters, db-INTERIOR is very happy to work alongside them.